Key Market Indicators – September Recap
Unbelievable Interest Rates
Fall Transition Creates Opportunities for Buyers
1. Determine your goals and clarify your priorities.
2. Search for homes on johnlscott.com, and sign up for instant text notifications of new listings.
3. Get informed by understanding the key market indicators and sales activity intensity.
4. Team up with your broker associate and lender to best compete with other offers.
5. Be confident with your offer, with guidance from your trusted broker associate.
6. Allow your broker associate to guide you through every step of the home purchase process.
Jackson County Housing Update - Resale Only
SHARE HOUSING UPDATE
Average % of
New Listings (Pending)
in the First 30 Days
Frenzy Market Returns
Now that we are in the midst of the transition into the fall housing market, there are fewer buyers in the market, as well as fewer new resale listings and unsold inventory. Currently, it’s a great time for buyers in the local market, as they face less competition, have a greater selection of homes and benefit from low interest rates.
In the fall and winter, sales activity intensity is typically lower for new resale listings, and from November through February, the market will go through the winter clean-up of inventory. For those looking to sell, the best time to do so is dependent on your personal circumstances, and it’s okay to buy and sell within same-market timing.
SIX STRATEGIES FOR TODAY’S MARKET
SCALE: MONTHS SUPPLY
Source: Mortgage News Daily